Having heart palpitations every night along with fever and headache. What could this be?

I have had heart palpitatiins every night for a month or so feeling tired Thames about 2 weeks ago i started running a low grade fever accompanied with a headache.
Posted Sat, 2 Nov 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 57 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Stress. Better rule out CVA. DO further tests.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to XXXXXXX

I have gone through your query and understand your concern.

Heart palpitations can be bothersome or frightening.

Usually are not serious or harmful, though, and often go away on their own.

Most of the time, Palpitation are related to stress and anxiety or to consumption of stimulants such as caffeine.

In rare cases, palpitations can be a sign of a heart disease.

Further investigation is necessary, if along with palpitation you have shortness of breath, dizziness, chest pain, or fainting.

After Brief examination with blood pressure and Blood sugar, Usual investigations are Electrocardiogram, Ehocardiogram, Holter monitor, Stress test etc.. will be carried out.

Thus if you just have palpitation, it is most probably due to stress and anxiety.

Very rarely fever and headache are related to palpitation.
Most of the time they are not related and it is a simple viral fever.

But it is better to avoid any Cerebro vascular as well as Cardiovascular accident.

My advise is to go for above said investigation.
In addition check CT and MRI scan Head to find the cause for Headache.
Because cerebro vascular accident may manifest as Headache and low fever in initial stage.

Please do the investigation and consult a Neurologist and Cardiologist.

Hope this helps.
Please reply for further queries.