Having headaches. Done with cervical and brain MRI. Advised to have complete neurological study. Could I ask a doctor?

I am having headaches for some 6 months. I am 77 years of age and recently had a cervical and brain MRI. I have been advised by a doctor to have a complete neurological study done. I will be returning to Bonita XXXXXXX Fl. in a few weeks and would appreciate if you would have any suggestions in providing me with such specialist or possible headache program associated with a hospital. My initial thought was Mayo but I would like to be closer to my home. Areas of XXXXXXX or Ft. Meyers would be a prime consideration. Thank you.
Posted Wed, 11 Sep 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Mayo clinic or Johns XXXXXXX hospital, suggestions

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for the query,

I strongly think that your idea of getting a neurologist from the Mayo clinic is to my knowledge and understanding one of the best available options. For two main reasons, firstly, they have a good neurology record worldwide (quality of working neurologists) and secondly, there is a lot of partnering and collaboration between working neurologists and professional from other specialties if needed. Mayo clinic is the ideal. The second available option in terms of proven quality of neurology practice should be the Johns XXXXXXX Hospital / Medical Centre (MD).

Despite the fact that distance from home is an important consideration, I think the quality of the job is more important. Thanks and hope this helps as I wish you the best of health.

Feel free asking further questions if need be. We could think of these options and discover other specific needs if need be. Thanks and kind regards.

Bain LE, MD.