Having headache, weakness, dizziness and tingling face. Feeling paralysed. What should be done?

I once had symtoms of headache,weakness,dizziness,head rush,faint feeling,and then a tingling that took over starting from the head and face and went down my whole body like a wave causing muscles to draw up, numb, and paralyze in its path especially in the face, tongue and both hands. It went away and came back a few times over a few hours. This was a one day occurance 5 years ago and it has not come back but what was that, a stroke?
Posted Fri, 27 Jul 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 1 hour later
The symptoms you have mentioned are a telltale signs of a stroke.
Please consult your physician as soon as possible because a stuttering cerebrovascular accident/TIA if managed early in the course then a major catastrophe can be prevented.

It is a Cerebrovascular event until proven otherwise.
Meanwhile avoid driving and operating any complex machineries,
Always ensure that someone known to you is around.

I wish a good health for you.