Having headache, stomach ache and vomiting. Getting relief after drinking water. Reason?

2 weeks ago I had stomach pain and vomited twice in 24 hrs then the symptoms went away. Now I am having headaches but when I drink water the headaches lessen.

Is it common to have this side affect? I have a physical scheduled with my physician in 2 weeks but I am just curious.

I read where my symptoms could mean that I am dehydrated but I am not sure.
Posted Fri, 21 Dec 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 23 minutes later
Hi there,
Thanks for writing in.
I am a qualified and certified cardiologist. I read your question with diligence.
However, I am not sure what is the question and reason for choosing heart attack because my screen is showing user selector category as XXXXXXX HEART ATTACK"

In some types of heart attacks, one has features pain in stomach and vomiting. Usually the EKG of these patients show inferior wall ischemia(when demand of heart is more than supply it is receiving usually due to narrowing of coronary artery). Then, the drugs which are given cause dilatation of arteries. As drugs taken orally or administred intravenously are not specific to coronary arteries they can cause dilatation of arteries inside the skull also. Which causes headache. So it is common to experience drug induced headache.

Unless, we are totally offtrack, taken on tangent by misplaced user's category of "heart attack" then please tell again in detail whether you have high blood pressure? Is your headache associated with dizziness. What do the investigation say (in fact you can attach important investigations) it will reach me.
Headache is not a symptom of dehydration at least not the only presenting symptom. And it may only be coincidental that your headaches dissappear when you drink water. We can discuss that once we decide what is your real question.
Looking forward to hear from you. If there is further query which you might have I will be most happy to answer. Good Luck.

With Best Wishes:

Dr Anil Grover
MBBS, MD (Medicine) DM(Cardiology)
Cardiologist and Internist
http:/ WWW.WWWW.WW