Having headache, stiff neck and diarrhoea. History of constipation. Why am I feeling punched in stomach?

Question
I have been having a headache for 3 days now that feels like it is behind my eyes and around my temples. when I bend over it gets way worse with a pounding. I have had stiff neck and upper shoulders worsening. I fell a year ago straight down which jammed my neck so it has been sore and stiff, but has gotten worse the last few days with this headache. I have had bowel movements, but they are very skinny and like cold diarrhea until today where it is mainly diarrhea. I have a lightheaded feel like i am dehydrated, but i have been drinking water and hot tea. No problems eating or feeling too full and still have hunger pains a few hours after eating. 29yrs old 5'2" 107 lbs. Have history of constipation and gallstones. On a gluten free diet which has corrected the constipation problems. Also I feel weird in the stomach like I was hit real hard and had the breath knocked out of me. I am not having difficulty breathing, just that left over feeling of being punched in the stomach.
Posted Thu, 16 Aug 2012 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 5 hours later

Welcome to XXXXXXX

The headache behind your eyes, which becomes worse on bending seems to be due to Sinusitis.

You should consult an ENT specialist and get it examined.

You should get your eyes and B.P. also tested.

For neck stiffness, you can take anti-inflammatory analgesic with muscle relaxant and apply Relaxyl ointment locally.

Cervical exercises under supervision of Physiotharapist will also help.

For Diarrhea you take plenty of water but avoid tea. Fullness sensation can be due to excessive tea. Tea also act as purgative.

You can take two tsf of Psyllium husk mixed in curd twice daily to control loose motions. Pre & probiotic capsule will also help in controlling your diarrhea.

To improve digestion you can take Tab.Unienzyme twice daily with lunch and dinner.

Thank you for posting your query. Hope you found my response to your query informative and helpful.

If you have further concerns in this regard, I would be happy to discuss those with you as well.

With good wishes,

Follow-up: Having headache, stiff neck and diarrhoea. History of constipation. Why am I feeling punched in stomach? 6 minutes later
Thank you. I will definitely follow the suggestions and where can I get the Unienzyme tabs?

Thanks,
XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 8 minutes later

Welcome again,

Unienzyme/Bestozyme/Neopeptine/Vitazyme tablets are available at medical shops.

If it is not available without prescription of Doctor, you have to request your doctor for prescribing it.

Hope you found my response to your query informative and helpful.

With good wishes,