Having headache, pain in neck and tingling hand. MRI showed narrowing of the spinal canal. Any suggestions?

Spine Surgeon
I am 30 Year old female, software proffesional.
about 8 months ago I got pain in my neck coupled with headaches.Also got burning and tingling feelings in my right hand. Now it has got worse and my hand is "asleep" almost all the time.
I also have pain in my tail bone and am unable to lean back and sit withouth pain.
I also have lower back pain with the pain sometimes extending into my left buttocks.
The pain becomes much worse whenever I get my period with almost unbearable headaches.
I have consulted some doctors and they told me that it is nothign serious that i need to change my lifestyle and take rest. Which I have been doing for the past 8 months but I have seen no improvement. My MRI shows narrowing of the spinal canal , in 3 places , 2 in my neck and one in my lower back. I have tried everything from Yoga to Walking to sleeping .. but I have not been able to heal this... before this I was a really active person , i love trekking, rockclimbing, cycling and now am not able to do anything .. I want my normal life back and I want to learn how to heal my back ... I need some suggestions. Also how can I get so many problems in my entire back? What are the reASONS?
Posted Wed, 21 Nov 2012 in Osteoporosis
Answered by Dr. S K Mishra 2 hours later

You already know your diagnosis.

Do you have weakness or numbness in any part of body? Do you have symptoms only after some exertion or at rest also?

You have not told that what doctors suggested after seeing MRI.

You can post MRI report with canal diameters at affected level. You can go for NCV (Nerve Conduction Velocity) of all four limbs to see which nerve root is more damaged.

You have a feature to upload the report on the right side of this query page. Please utilize it.

Regarding further treatment you must remember that after certain level treatment may require surgery, if it is definitely indicated and/or conservative measures fail. The more significant level has to be treated first.

Do let me know if you have more concerns.