Having headache, pain in lower back and legs. How to get relief?

Spine Surgeon
i feel generally unwell today have pain in my lower back and my legs ache in fact they dont feel they belong to me i have a headache and cannot taste properly. if i lie on my side my legs hurt more
Posted Tue, 13 Nov 2012 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. S K Mishra 2 hours later
You have mentioned you have underactive thyroid and are generally feel unwell. Hypothyroidism can give rise to entrapment neuropathy ( which can give rise to the weird sensations in your legs). I would suggest that you get your T3 (thyronine), T4 (thyroxine), TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone levels) checked and Nerve conduction studies of both lower limbs.
If above investigations rule out role of hypothyroidism , you consult a spine specialist and may require MRI.
For the headache and loss of taste, it could be due to a viral infection as well. You can take Tablet Paracetamol 500 mg 1 tablet as and when required (upto 4 tablets daily) to get relief.
Hope this helps.