Having headache, numbness in jaw, pressure in ears and behind eyes. What is the disease?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Nov 2013
Nov 2013

Neurologist
Question
Ive been having this headache all over my head and pressure in my ears and behind my eyes i thought it may be sinus but no runny nose and now a little numbness on my left chick and jaw area
Posted Wed, 27 Feb 2013 in Headache and Migraines

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 17 minutes later

Thank you for posting your query.

As you suspected, numbness over the cheek and jaw areas are not seen with sinus headaches. It indicates involvement of the nerves. Most likely, it could be mechanical compression of the skin nerves and in that case it should settle down soon.

If the numbness persists, you may need to go for MRI brain to exclude any brain problems such as lack of blood flow, infection, etc.

For now, you can take diclofenac or ibuprofen tablets for headache.

Wishing you good health,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist

Follow-up: Having headache, numbness in jaw, pressure in ears and behind eyes. What is the disease? 4 minutes later
What about the pressure in the ears and the headache are tingling and a stabing like sensation

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 25 minutes later

Thank you for getting back.

These symptoms can occur in migraine, which is the most likely diagnosis at this stage. As of now, there is no need to worry.

As I suggested, you may require brain scan later if symptoms do not subside.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)