Having headache, mild fever, blood in stool and lump near breast. Should I be worried?

Nov 2013

I've got a stiff neck, server headache right at the back of my head and had a temperature with it for 3 days now. Been between 38.1 - 42.9Been doctors they put it down to me having red ears and right side of chest abit harsh?

Also I found a lump near my breast I have a scan on Monday at hospital to check this out. As my arm hurts if I move it.

Previous to this I've had a really bad cold...

Just now I've found blood in my stools?

Do I have anything to be worried about?
Posted Thu, 21 Mar 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 10 minutes later

Thank you for posting your query.

First of all, let me reassure you that there is no need to worry.

Your symptoms require evaluation to find out the cause, and you are doing precisely that.

Severe headache can be part of infection, since you have fever. Any infection can cause that, including viral fever. However, it is important to localise the exact source of infection to start the correct treatment.

Breast lump can be clarified after the scan.

Similarly, blood in stools can be because of gut infection, ulcer, drug induced, etc.

So, there is no need to worry at present. Your diagnosis would be clearer after the tests, and correct treatment can cure you.

Wishing you good health,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology)