Having headache, face ache, uncomfortable ear. Is this hormonal or sinus related?

Im three months postpartum. In the past week or so I have been having headaches and "face" aches. My ears feel uncomfortable at times too. Is this hormonal or sinus related? Headaches are usually on the side of head.
Posted Sun, 19 Aug 2012 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
Having continuous headache and face ache for last one week without any history of migraines or head injury may be due to-
1. Anxiety/ tension- try to relax yourself, decrease alcohol or caffeine intake, take a mild sedative for a good and restful sleep, do mild aerobics, etc.
2. Eyestrain-Straining your eyes to focus on things can be a big factor of what causes headaches. You need to get your eyes examined for refraction.
4. High blood pressure- your physician has to rule this out.
5. Sinus infection- Taking steam inhalation regularly can relieve the congestion.
All the above causes need to be excluded. If the headache is not getting relieved with mild pain killers then you can try some herbal preparations for the same.
Also, i would advise you to get an MRI head and neck done to rule out any organic causes if none of the above causes seem likely.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.