Having headache, dizziness and muscle weakness behind eye. How to treat this?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
dizziness gets worse as day goes on and slight headache with weakness behindnrightneye appears as day progresses. dizziness worse when standing or walking.
Posted Tue, 2 Apr 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 12 minutes later
There are many causes for dizziness associated with headache.
Common ones are high blood pressure, low blood pressure, cervical spondylitis, anemia, and low blood sugar, use of sedatives, tranquilizers and antidepressants, hypothyroidism, inner ear problem, etc.
Uncommon reasons can be due to brain reasons or arrhythmias and cardiomyopathies.
My purpose of telling you the causes is so that you don't take your symptoms lightly and consult your doctor and get yourself physically examined along with various investigations.
I hope you understand
Meanwhile you can help yourself by-
1.Sit immediately when you feel dizzy to avoid any possible injuries
2. Avoid taking on high stress or concentration requiring activities such as driving a car or operating machinery if you experience frequent dizziness spells
3.Rise slowly from bed or spend a few minutes in bed before waking up this helps normalize blood pressure
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Follow-up: Having headache, dizziness and muscle weakness behind eye. How to treat this? 14 minutes later
whenni'm sitting down or lying i feel great. once i getup or i start walking then i get lightheaded type dizziness. my doctor seems to think its stress related but i'm not conivinced since ativan doesn't help the dizziness go go away. this dizzy spell started with somekind of attack. i went to er and its not heart related. i will get some blood work done again. i'm tired of feeling this way and i wish they cud find something. x
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 7 minutes later
Thanks for writing again.
If the dizziness is more prominent on standing and walking then a middle ear disease is more likely. You can consult an ENT specialist for proper examination and treatment.
The treatment of dizziness involves using medications to suppress the impulse generation in the inner ear. Such medicine are Vertin (Betahistine) and Stugeron (Cinnarazine).
You must get your ear checked to see if there is any reversible cause such as wax, infection of ear or any other pathology.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.