Having headache and took advil. Any proper cure?

I had a really bad headache on Sunday, after some Advil it subsided, but since then I have a dull headache, and heavy head and eyes. I've been sleeping fine, and I don't feel too tired, it's almost like a bad headcold with out the cold??
Posted Fri, 16 Nov 2012 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Piyush Ostwal 1 hour later
If you are regularly having headaches and this was similar to the other headaches that you had in the past then taking the same Advil for a day or two may suffice.
However if you did not have headaches in the past then this headache which was severe at the start and has persisted for 3 days needs to be investigated. At your age if this is the first severe headache of your life, then a scan of the head will be needed. Apart from that routine check up like blood pressure etc will be needed.
Hope that answers your query, If you have more queries, I will be happy to answer.
Good luck !!