Having headache and neck pain. Had transaxial scans of head. What does finding indicate?

Dear sir, pls help me,
Posted Sun, 26 May 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Pratap Sanchetee 2 hours later
Dear Sir

I have seen your CT scan reports. These low attenuation areas in deeper areas of brain by itself has no specific meaning. They have to be correlated with clinical presentation. I will suggest you to mention sign and symptoms for which CT scan was considered and also mention reports of blood investigations.

In general they can be either normal or related to less blood supply. We will be able to suggest after you provide a detailed description of your symptoms.

Awaiting your reply...