Having headache and nausea. Getting relief after relaxation. What's wrong?

I ve had a headache and nausea for the last 2 days. Pain starts arround my eyes, forehead and sides. The pain in moderate but very annoying . It goes away when I sleep and restart as soon as I open my eyes.. What s wrong with me?
Posted Sun, 10 Mar 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Aparna Amritsagar 2 hours later
Thanks for writing your query to us.

The most common form of headache which everyone notices at some point of time is tension headache. It is usually relieved after relaxation. Try doing some meditation that will really help you. 
As you had mentioned that headache is associated with nausea it could be due migraine . In female it can occur before their menses . Migraine headache has trigger factors like exposure to sun, strong perfumes, eating peanuts, lack of sleep & many more. Try to find out trigger factor in your case , there might be some trigger factor that is starting your headache. Avoid these trigger factors so that you will not get headache . You can have a tablet of paracetamol when get headache. Dehydration can also cause headache. Drink plenty of oral fluids. Fluctuation in sugar levels also cause headache. So have small frequent meals regularly.
Inspite of following all measures if you are still getting recurrent headache than you should visit your doctor & get yourself clinically evaluated. 
I hope i have answered your query. Incase you have any further doubts,  i will be happy to help you.
Follow-up: Having headache and nausea. Getting relief after relaxation. What's wrong? 3 hours later
Why this headache is constant for the last 2 days and a half?
Answered by Dr. Aparna Amritsagar 38 minutes later
It is very difficult to exactly comment what is it due to without examining you. As I had mentioned commonest cause can be tension headache.Tension headache is usually caused by bad posture, irregular meal timing,eye strains,sleep deprivation, stressful working patterns. So relax.Try to focus on your breathing. Drink more water & oral fluids. Take good sleep. Take a paracetamol tablet . If still it persists than get clinically evaluated by your doctor.

I hope I have answered your query.