Having headache and lot of tension in shoulders and neck. Tried acupuncture. Suggest remedy

Hi, I have headaches 24/7 and some days are worse than other days. I have been to the Mayo clinics and they said I am on of those people that fall through the cracks and they have no idea how to help. I have a lot of tension in my shoulders and neck. I have tried acupunture, and a lot of different meds. Nothing seems to help. Thank you.

I have been on narcotic's and they dull the pain, but I can still feel them, so I quit the narcs along time ago. I have have amitripilelens (Sorry my spelling sucks), pills for depression, I am on wellbutrin, and paxal at this time. I am on 250mcg of Synthroid, I have had a lot of different meds
Posted Sun, 17 Nov 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
Tough case to handle by physician

Detailed Answer:

I understand the nature of pain that you undergo 24/7. I also judge it to be complex than other headaches when you had actually met the doctors at the best centres in the world.

Simple queries which can help you think through
1) Are you consuming enough fluids per day, dehydration is most common cause of headache
2) Are you eating according to the schedule and plan, low blood sugar in tolerance can be second cause
3) Are you maintaining a headache diary when record those severe attacks, the time and duration?
4) Narcotics can cause headaches so sometimes medicines would not help.
5) Have you tried Accupressure, Meditation and Yoga at the same time?
6) Did you supplement with Calcium, Riboflavin, Magnesium?
7) is the Hypothyroidism controlled? Did the headache start after the menopause? Have you met an Endocrinologist for an evaluation?

These questions can tickle some ideas for your local neighborhood doctors.