Having headache and hearing loss. Ultrasound showed enlarged spleen. Blood test showed raised WBC. Any treatment?

Neurologist, Surgical
Hi in have headaches since XXXXXXX this year ct scans all clear. Was sent for ultra sound of kidneys n found my spleen was enlarged. Blood test show ave raised white blood cells. My gp doesn't ave any answers for me. Am now starting to loss hearing in my rite ear n headsaches aren't any better thank XXXXXXX
Posted Mon, 26 Nov 2012 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Vineet Saggar 4 hours later
Dear Friend, If your headache is not associated with vomiting or or blurring of vision i think you need not worry since your CT scan is also normal. However if you are having hearing loss as you have mentioned you definitely need to undergo audiometry followed by MRI to rule out acoustic schwannoma a form of benign brain tumour. You need a referral to ENT specialist.
As for you raised WBC count and spleen is enlarged it could be due to infection kindly get peripheral blood smear test to look for cause of same. Enlarged spleen denotes increased Red blood cell destruction. Ask your doctor for a complete hemogram. and peripheral blood smear. So all this should be under the supervision of a doctor.