Having headache and dizziness. Suggestions

Spine Surgeon
Question
Dear Dr XXXXXXX
I have another question for you: I am probably hoinh yo go ti get an MRI through a private Clinic here in Canada as it takes many months to wait thur the hospitals; Can youb tell me if the mri will show why I'm so dizzy and the reason for the headaches? Does it show anything in the head or mosty neck and spinal cord? I have tremendouys pressure in my head but as you know there is no bleeding from the cvat scan results: thanks kindly XXXXXXX
Posted Fri, 14 Jun 2013 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Rahul D Chaudhari 19 hours later
At times multiple minute haemorrhage in brain and impact to scalp can cause dizzy spells and headache. It may last for few weeks and over a period it will reduce. Cervical spine injury usually cause neck pain and weakness in arms and legs. It is usually diagnosed on MRI.
Ct scan of the head can be repeated if you develop new symptoms after initial CT scan. need to consult neuro surgeon and they will start few medicines for headache and dizziness. Thanks.

Follow-up: Having headache and dizziness. Suggestions 3 minutes later
I appreciate your assistance. I am wondering when I go for the MRI if they will do both the cervical and the brain?

Answered by Dr. Rahul D Chaudhari 10 hours later
They can do both in the same setting. Go for screening and if needed dedicated study of the particular area. Thanks.

Follow-up: Having headache and dizziness. Suggestions 35 hours later
Hi Dr Rahul: I was able to see a Neurologist yesterday by a miracle on a cancellation appt! I was there for 1 hour and had a complete examination and cinsultation: I will be going fior an mri soon and I have right now post traumatic syndrome or post concussion? I am still very dizzy and very high BP and will be going on some new medication: the neuirologist wife is an XXXXXXX medicone specialist and I will see her for thyroid and high BP! Thanks for your kind assistance

Answered by Dr. Rahul D Chaudhari 8 hours later
hope you will recover soon. Thanks.

Follow-up: Having headache and dizziness. Suggestions 4 minutes later
Yes thanks and so do I :)

Answered by Dr. Rahul D Chaudhari 1 hour later
Thanks