Having headache and dizziness. Spots and cloudy area seen on MRI. Should I be worried?

Question
after having bad headaces for a long time I ahve now been getting dizzie, I had an MRI and have been told that there are spots and some cloudy areas I have to go back just wondering what this might mean
Posted Wed, 10 Apr 2013 in Headache and Migraines

Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 16 minutes later

Thanks for the query,

Let me tell you that there are so many causes of cloudy areas in MRI scan of brain.

I will appriciate if you can upload your MRI scan report in order to guide you better.

Best wishes

Follow-up: Having headache and dizziness. Spots and cloudy area seen on MRI. Should I be worried? 15 hours later
I only have the disc of the scan.

Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 8 hours later

Thanks for the feed back

Please send few power point images of the lesion so that I will be able to guide you better

Thanks

Follow-up: Having headache and dizziness. Spots and cloudy area seen on MRI. Should I be worried? 17 hours later
Got the report. FINDINGS: There are multiple nodular areas of increased T2W signal in the periventricular deep white matter and corona radiata. These are consistent with areas of gliosis seceondary to small vessel disease. They do not have the typical distribution for multiple sclerosis. The cerebal cortex and ventricular system appear normal. There are no features to suggest an acoustic neuroma.

Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 1 hour later

Thanks for the feed back

The changes that is seen in your MRI is basically a findings that can be seen in people with high blood pressure, diabetes and some times without any reasons. These findings have nothing to do with your headache or dizziness. You neither have multiple sclerosis. So, just stay relaxed.

If your headache and dizziness are persistent, you may try medications like amitryptiline/nor-tryptiline etc. You need to have regular food and sleep habit along with try to avoid stress. All these will help you overcome your headache and dizziness.

Hope this helps
Best wishes