Having headache and blurry vision. Should I go to the ER?

Had a headache two days ago. Had sudden blurry vision in right eye. Eye has remained blurry since then. Slightly better when I woke up in the morning, but there is still some blurriness. Is this something I can wait to see an eye doctor for in the future or should I go to the emergency room immediately?
Posted Thu, 28 Nov 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 22 minutes later
Brief Answer: Please approach the ER Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query Headache with sudden blurring of vision is a cause for concern with various differential diagnosis. I strongly suggest you to approach an ER immediately for a CT brain and a fundoscopy for evaluation of the blurring of vision. Please do not delay it any further. I hope I was of help Regards
Follow-up: Having headache and blurry vision. Should I go to the ER? 20 minutes later
The headache I had was very small/not severe. The right eye is just blurred like a I have a veil or something covering the eye. I can make out the outlines of things as long as I focus for a few moments. I have no insurance so before I go into an ER for 10,000 worth of testing I would like to make sure it isn't something just eye related I could see an eye doctor for.
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 8 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hello Detailed Answer: Thanks for the reply It is hard to tell without examining as to what's causing the blurring however if the headache was mild and if it's the vision which is of primary concern then I think it's better to visit an Opthalmologist first before visiting the ER especially since you don't have insurance. But please don't ignore it and wait for the blurring to subside gradually Regards