Having headache and blurred vision. BP normal. Use eye glasses. Not able to concentrate on work. Help?

I am having headache and blurred vision from the past 10 days. I checked my blood pressure and it was normal.
I also use eyeglasses and I have last checked my vision 5 months back.

Please advise me what should i do. I am unable to work or concentrate propely

Posted Sun, 23 Jun 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 1 hour later

There could be various reasons for having this problem.

The common ones are:

>Stress, eye strain
>Increase pressure in eyes
>In adequate sleep
>Some infection like sinusitis
>change in power of glasses of that you are using

It is good that you blood pressure is normal.

Please visit your family physician/ophthalmologist and get your self examined. Your doctor after primary examination will decide if there is any need for any investigation like x XXXXXXX of sinus or other reference required.

Again it is quite a time since you have visited your ophthalmologist please visit him also.

Take proper rest, light diet and give rest to the eyes. Do not read while sleeping in bed.

Avoid unnecessary strain to the eyes.

I hope this helps.

Follow-up: Having headache and blurred vision. BP normal. Use eye glasses. Not able to concentrate on work. Help? 17 hours later
I did visit an opthalmologist yesterday and she said everything is fine with my eyesight and there is no increase in power and retina is also looking fine.

I fear my sugar levels have increased as I have a family history of diabetes so I am thinking of getting my sugar levels tested. Please advise.

One more thing I would like to add to my query is I was having some allergies so I was consuming citrizine and allegra is that related to my dizziness and blurred vision.

Thank you,

Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 6 hours later
XXXXXXX Good to hear from you again.

It is good that your eye examination is normal.Major probable cause is ruled out.

As far as effect of drug like cetrizine is concerned,it can lead to some drowsiness in some patients.Allegra is most commonly devoid of such effect.

Again mild sedation and blurring I think is different.Any anti allergic drugs are known to cause some drowsiness.In some individuals this can be severe enough to hamper day to day routine.

Checking of blood sugar is fine,as you are having family history.Normally family tendency do play a role in developing diabetes,but looking to your age,again it seems to be unlikely.

I will advise to have patience and wait for day or two,I think things should be fine.

In case the problem persists,please visit your physician.