Having head ache and feeling pressure on eye. Feeling nauseous. Suggest

Nov 2013

the right side of my head has been hurting for 6 hours and it feels like there is a lot of pressure on my right eye. I'm also very nauseous and feel as though I need to throw up.
Posted Sun, 16 Jun 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 30 minutes later
Thank you for posting your query.

The clinical description seems to suggest an acute migraine attack. You may benefit from a combination of sumatriptan or rizatriptan tablet (for relief of headache) and ondansetron (for relief of nausea/vomiting sensation).
Subsequently, you can consult a neurologist for confirming the diagnosis and to decide the need for any preventive medications (to prevent recurrent headaches in future).

I hope it helps.
Please get back if you require any additional information.

Best wishes,

Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad,
My personal URL on this website:
My blog: