Having hard lump at the butt check size of a pea sized, pressing on it hurts. Have RA. Suggest?

General Surgeon
hard lump at bottom of left butt check about the size of a very small egg another pea sized one on right cheek, I had been pressing on large lump now it hurts I have RA
Posted Thu, 27 Jun 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 16 minutes later

Thank you for the query.

Most likely this lumps are abscesses. Due to local tissues infection the pus accumulates under the skin and gives hard lump and lots of pain.
Such abscess can be caused by fistula between the rectum and the skin. Due to this connection, tissues get infected by intestinal bacteria what leads to an abscess. Such abscesses are usually near the anus.

If your lumps are not very close to the anus, other reasons are also possible including skin infection due to ingrown hair or infection due to diabetes.

No matter what is the reason of this lumps, the first step in the treatment is an incision and pus evacuation. That is why I suggest you to visit general surgeon and have it done.
Next step should be a diagnostics. Blood sugar level should be checked. Colonoscopy should be done if fistula is possible.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.