Having hard erections with pain. No strong climax. Have spine and low back problem due to fall. Could this be the cause?

Hi, my erections lately have been to hard, especially right before ejaculation. To the point of having some mild pain. Also when ejaculation comes it feels like there is a restriction. It does not give the strong climax I used to have. My spine/ lower back is messed up from a fall about 17 years ago. Been seeing a chiropractor who has been getting pretty rough with my back lately. Could this be causing this? Or is this another problem? Also after sex for a day or so I have a mild sensation near the end of penis most of the time and goes away after a couple of days. Urination does not make it feel any worse. This has been going on for a month.
Posted Mon, 8 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Hi and thanks for this query.
I am Dr. Ditah and feel honored having this opportunity to address your health questions today. I am so sorry about what you are experiencing now and the bike accident 17years ago. I promise to do my utmost best to address these.

As sexual excitation approaches its peak, the blood flow into the penis greatly increases and causes it to be even stronger. This normally occurs shortly before ejaculation and may cause some small mild pains.This is totally understandable and should in no way interfere with intercourse or its satisfaction.

Climax is totally controlled by your state of mind. If there are any distractions like stress, relationship difficulties, lost of interest in partner, thinking of someone else, you will not be able to get the same feeling during ejaculation. You can bear witness to the fact that the very first time you have sex with a lady you have always longed for, the excitement is always way higher than in subsequent ones when the level of desire and mental involvement is no longer the same. This is simply because the very first time we were totally into it. This means that you need to invest more mentally into it and keep distractions away in order to enjoy it and have a strong climax satisfaction as before.

Your back problems cannot be responsible for this directly. The back could have rather compromised the nerves to your penis and interfere with erections. This is not the case with you. If your back hurts, then it may be limiting to what extend you can fully perform during intercourse as it involves using the waist and back for the different movements during intercourse. This in itself is another reason that could prevent you from enjoying sex fully because you are afraid of making it hurt more. Hope your chiropractor helps you with this.

The itchy sensation that goes away over a couple of days and does not hurt on urination is normal. Though not too common and not always constant in the same person, it is in no way related to an infection. It will eventually subside all by itself. unless you or your partner has other reasons to worry about, you may totally ignore it. But should it continue indefinitely, you may want to get cleared of any possible causes of irritation(may be condom type if you use one).

I hope i have answered your query fully. If you need more answers related to this query, please feel free to ask me. I will be more than happy to answer to them.
I wish you good health.
Dr. Ditah, MD.
Follow-up: Having hard erections with pain. No strong climax. Have spine and low back problem due to fall. Could this be the cause? 3 days later
Hi, I just want to thank you for taking the time for hearing my concerns and answering my questions. The change in sexual performance caught my attention I guess. Thought something was wrong. Maybe some stress involved. I'll see if it clears up and improves. I've been married to my first wife for over 13 years and have been faithful to her. I thank you for your good direction.
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 4 hours later
Hi and thanks for your kind words.

I honestly hope it clears up and improves as you rightly put it.
I wish you and your wife a great time.

At this time, if there are no more questions related to the above worry, i will kindly suggest that you consider closing the discussion. Please, do take a few minutes to drop a review and rate the quality of response I offered you.
Dr. Ditah, MD.