Having hard bump on head and hurts slightly when touched. Took topomax for migraines. Any idea what it could be?

i have a hard bump on the left side of my head just above my ear. it does hurt slightly when touched and as far as i can tell hasnt really changed in size. i had had it for probably 8 years now. any idea what it could be? i was previously being treated for migraines with topomax but have since come off of those meds. I am 31 yers old with no other hx.
Posted Thu, 29 Aug 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Payman Hajiazim 1 hour later
Hi there, thanks for asking. That could be a benign enlarged node which are normally necessary for immune system. These nodes are often found around the ears because many of us have many ear infections throughout the winters. If you do not have any pain or tender feeling around that area, that could be normal especially because you have had it for a very long time. Sometimes when we are stressed about some issues in our life, we become sensitive to the issues that we have had for a long time. Let me know if this has been an issue for you recently. Best wishes.