Having hand tremors and stomach pain. Taking zofram and fentgram. Help

Hello I am a 57 year old female, I Can hardly keep food down and a sick to my stomach most of time. It started out the end of oct and lasted about 4 days. Then 3 days before christmas and lasted till new years., Had went to family doc and over weekiend to ER.. They didt test and found nothing. Then sent to a gastrologest at ohio state, they though was gastoperises but all tests came back good. They are having me see a nurologest but not tiil may 5th. I have a few good days but far and few do have hand tremors which are getting worse. can hardly my mouth with a spoon, I also have RA, and do not sleep well, sometimes my stomach is unbarable. I have zofram and fentgram or I think would be dead from lack of keeping food down, Can you help this has been going on to long,,,
Posted Wed, 12 Jun 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 7 hours later

You seem to have multitude of problems but gastroparesis might be bothering you too much.

Do you have difficulty swallowing or pain on swallowing? Do you prefer to eat small chunk of meal? Do you use water while swallowing?

people suffering from Gastroparesis would not clear the stomach and duodenum swiftly. They oesophagus would move very slowly and thus the food bolus would slowly. Did you try medicines that increase the motility of the intestine? Please ask your doctor about Itopiride?

Are you given oral steroids for Rheumatoid arthritis? Long term use can cause ulcers the stomach and rejection of food. Was an endoscopy done to check these ulcers?

I am sure a carefully listening Gastroenterologist will be able to guide you better. He can put a scope and check if there are ulcers down there. What kind of food helps in faster emptying and what kind of medicine helps in moving the oesophagus and stomach faster.