Having hair problem, loosing it gradually, gets dry and have itching. Suggest?

For past one and half years I have hair problem. I am loosing it gradually It get dry easily and I do have itching sensation often I am working in night shift my food schedule is not proper is this something due to vitamin deficiency please advice
Posted Sat, 24 Aug 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 9 hours later

Yes, the hair loss and the itching you have could be due to nutritional deficiency. Do apply MINOXIDIL 5% solution to the scalp this will improve the circulation and hence nutrition to the hairs and maintain the health and growth.

Also do take multivitamin supplements along with above remedy.

Hope, I answered your query.

Follow-up: Having hair problem, loosing it gradually, gets dry and have itching. Suggest? 3 hours later

Good day to you Dr. XXXXXXX

Thank you for looking in to it immediately, is there any side effects with MINOXIDIL 5% how do I apply it. would you please assist me with the time slot of how should I apply this.

Also can you name me some multivitamin supplements. Is there anything else i need to be aware of before using these medicines .

Warm Regards

Tom Kingsly
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 hours later

Thanks for writing back.

Minoxidil has to be applied to the scalp directly using an applicator provided with the bottle. There would be detailed instructions on the bottle itself. Apply it every alternate day and do not wash the hair for a day after applying it.

Becosules would be a better and easily available brand of multivitamins. You can take these.

Hope, I answered your query.