Having hair growth on stomach, breast, face. Medicine to take?

Question
needs insightHi, i am a 19 year old black female, and I have a very embarassing problem. I grow (a lot of) hair on my breasts and stomach! I also grow hair on my chin/upper lip and sideburns(the facial hair runs in my family) i have been growing this hair since age 10!(around the time i started my monthly cycle) aside from shaving/waxing/depilatories, is there a medication that can stop this embarassing hair growth?
Posted Mon, 1 Apr 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems

Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 48 minutes later
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

There are several likely causes - it is probably inherited, as you point out.
The best option is to see an ENDOCRINOLOGIST (Hormone Specialist) - for relevant investigations and help.

DERMATOLOGIST is another option - they are the specialists for skin, nail and hair.
Electrolysis helps to remove permanently - long and laborious, but beneficial.

Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck