Having hair falling from long, using different hair tonic but still loosing. What can I do?

7 years ago starting hair falling my head im using different hair tonic but still lossing what can ido
Posted Sat, 8 Jun 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Nirmala P 5 hours later
Thanks for asking in Haelthcare Magic.

It may be due to male pattern baldness or Androgenic alopecia. Androgen binds to hair follicles and transforms the larger follicles in to small sized follicles. In such a condition, you can only attempt to reduce hair loss and maintain the existing hair rather than stimulating regrowth as it may not be possible.

A topical formulation of Minoxidil will help. This is an anti hypertensive drug (used in high BP) but is also used in Androgenic alopecia. Minoxidil results in large sized hair follicles forming thicker hair shafts. It also causes vaso dilatation (relaxation of blood vessels) improving micro circulation, resulting in an increased hair growth.

You can use 2% Minoxidil solution. Apply it topically. You 'must' wash your hands after applying the solution. Side effects are allergy and contact dermatitis. The response may be slow and it may take 2 to 6 months for hair growth. But the benefit will stop once you discontinue the drug.

Shampoos containing pantothenic acid usually prevent hair fall. Take nutritious protein diet. Iron deficiency can increase hair loss so, if you have anemia, then take iron capsules. You can take greens, dates and honey regularly as these are good sources of iron. Vitamin B 12 and zinc supplements will improve hair growth. Also rule out dandruff and other reasons for hair loss.

I hope this helps. Please address to me if you have any further concerns.
Follow-up: Having hair falling from long, using different hair tonic but still loosing. What can I do? 4 hours later
2%minoxidil sulution is name of brands is it right?how can i buy tht doctor pls help i would like to try maintain my getting balding head .
Answered by Dr. Nirmala P 8 hours later
Welcome back to Healthcare Magic.

The Brand names of Minoxidil in India are Mintop, Minscalp, Pilogro and Gromane all available as either 2% and 5% solution or both. Here Minoxidil is available as over the counter drug. However, I am not aware of the procedures in Maldives.

Good Luck.
Warm Regards.