Having hair fall problem. Suggest measures to overcome this?

Dear Doc

I have attached pic for the reference. Kindly suggest some remedy for the same. I am also having hair fall problem from last 6-7 months. Kindly suggest some treatment for that as well.
Posted Tue, 6 Aug 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 7 hours later
There could be any cause for hair fall like male pattern baldness, telogen effluvium or localized causes like dandruff etc
I would like to know
Since how long are you having hair fall
Pattern of hair fall - frontal temporal crown or diffuse hair fall or patchy hair fall i.e. coin shaped round patches of hair loss
Onset acute or gradual
History of hair fall in family like father mother uncles or grand parents
Any underlying cause like stress, illness like jaundice, dengue, malaria, typhoid. Any history of surgery, anemia, thyroid disorder etc
Any localized cause like dandruff, psoriasis or boils over scalp.

Answering these queries would help in suggesting a probable diagnosis and treatment.
Hoping to hear from you soon.

PS no image was uploaded with query (though you mentioned the same)