Having hair fall. Using hard water for hair wash. Suggest medication?

Question
Recently I have started loosing my hair due to hairfall.I live in bangalore and here in my area, people use hard water for normal use which I have to use to wash my hair.Could you please give me some medication or suggestion which will help in reducing hair fall and increasing hair growth.
Thanks,
XXXXXX
Posted Wed, 15 May 2013 in Hair Loss

Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 18 minutes later

There are many causes on hair fall like stress, fungal infections, alopecia aereata, hormonal imbalance (overproduction of dihydrotestosterone and thyroid hormones irregularities), malnutrition, telogen effluvium and sebum plugs on skin. Exact diagnosis can only be found after examination and preferably a scalp biopsy.

Till you consult a dermatologist, give your diet an overhaul if you're lacking vital nutrients for growth and switch to foods for healthy hair like food XXXXXXX in protein, vitamins(mainly vit A and vit C) and other micronutrient like zinc, iron and copper. Also eat a healthy balanced meal, use mild shampoo and lather gently and rub gently with towel to dry you hair.

Try and avoid using blow dryers. Biotin is present in foods like eggs and liver and is considered good for hair growth. So in addition to these foods, biotin supplements can be taken. There are many medications to improve hair loss like finasteride, dutasteride and topically applied minoxidil but these are available only under prescription. In that case you have to consult a dermatologist or trichologist (hair expert).

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Follow-up: Having hair fall. Using hard water for hair wash. Suggest medication? 47 hours later
Thanks for your reply.

Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 33 hours later

Thanks for writing back to me.

Make sure that you eat two boiled eggs daily and hopefully the hair fall should become better.

Regards.

Follow-up: Having hair fall. Using hard water for hair wash. Suggest medication? 3 hours later

Actually I am having kidney stone history,So Doctor have forbidden me to eat eggs.
Could you suggest some another diet?

Thanks and Regards,
XXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 35 hours later

Thanks for writing back to me.

You can take zinc based zincovit capsules, one capsule daily for 15 days.