Having hair fall. Suggest diet?

Dec 2013

I am having a hairfall more then normal.
So what kind of diet should i have or what kind of food items i should take
Posted Sat, 15 Jun 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 1 hour later

Welcome and thanks for posting your query to XXXXXXX

Myself Dr S K Kanodia and will try to provide you the best of information regarding your query.

As per your query you have hair fall problem and you want to take guidance regarding diet which you can follow best to regain good hair.

Now to guide you best regarding diet you should know that our hair are basically made up of proteins and supported by certain simple biochemical know as minerals and vitamins. So every of the food item which contains good amount of proteins with vitamins and minerals are best for maintenance and growth of good hair.

To guide you further, you make a diet plan as exemplified below:
1. Eat at least 3-4 fruits per day. Every fruit is good but you can make a combination of sour with sweet fruits such as oranges, papaya and other of seasonal fruits.
2. Pulses are good source of proteins. So everyday have a bowel full of mixed pulses. Add green leafy vegetables additionally in the pulses which contains lot of iron and vitamins in it.
3. Sprouts are the best source of fibers, minerals vitamins and proteins too. so add it at-least alternate day if you can not make in everyday's part of meal.
4. Over night soaked and peeled almonds will give you good vitamin E which is good for the hair growth.
5. Milk and milk products should be included in everyday's schedule.
6. If you drink tea or coffee then replace it either with herbal tea or green tea.

There are so many of the modifications which can be done in the above food items, as for example you can start your day with fruit salad and sprouts in the morning with almond milk additionally. In the afternoon you can take pulses green leafy vegetables. You can have green tea to refresh yourself in any part of daytime. In the dinner take light food with fiber containing diet.

There are many more of the things additionally to be guided to you for the hair growth. For that I need to know most importantly as you say you have hair fall so can you please elaborate how many of the hair you feel falling everyday and since how long the problem is present.

Also I need to know your occupation, working hours, kind of daily schedule, sleep pattern, any substance abuse ( alcohol or smoking), are vegetarian or non vegetarian, any work outs or yoga in daily part, any stress from long term or anything else which you feel is important to tell me related to these things.

Waiting for your reply so that I can guide you further.
Dr Sanjay Kumar Kanodia
MD (Dermatology)