Having gratifying sensation around clitoris before menstruation. Any suggestion?

Hello, Dr. I am 36 married for 6 years, and I have started having extreme very gratifying sensitivity/arousal of my clitoris the day before my menstruation starts. I usually wake up feeling extremelly stimulated and it lasts for some minutes. I can't achieve the same reponses with my husband. Only happened once, about 6.5 years ago.
Posted Sat, 27 Oct 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 34 minutes later
Sexual satisfaction and orgasm in women is not completely understood.
It is just not always associated with sexual intercourse.
Foreplay - as you know is a very important part of sexual association.
During that, clitoral stimulation is a extremely important part. THE CLITORIS needs to be stimulated with the fingers or the tongue of the partner. In fact, this gives more happiness than actual penetrative intercourse in women- unlike men - where the actual movements and its associated ejaculation and thereby orgasm at the end gives the gratification.
To achieve satisfaction and orgasm, the above method needs to be followed.
It is hard to explain scientifically the feel you had described during the menses. Only hormonal changes can be an explanation. Then it is surprise that it did not happen during the previous times.
All the best for good general and sexual health.

Follow-up: Having gratifying sensation around clitoris before menstruation. Any suggestion? 27 hours later
Thanks for your answer. I forgot to add that we have tried to stimulate my clitoris several times manually, but it hasn't worked. We have also tried lubricants that promise to help arousal, etc. Our sexual life is good in general, but I just wish I could achieve that same arousal sensation or at least know where it comes from. Anyway, thanks for your answer. I will tell my husband to be more thorough with the foreplay.
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 3 hours later

Welcome back.
Try L-arginine gel if available in your place/ not tried yet.
It needs to be applied like any other gel over the clitoris, BY YOUR HUSBAND.

Wishing you good health,