Having grade 2 lymphoma NH. Done FNAC and biopsy test. Swelling in area where needles are inserted. Why?

Hello, I have grade 2 lymphoma NH which is under control and doesnt require treatment. I went through FNAC test fillowed by Biopsy trst on lower right side of my neck in lymphnode. Since then i can see sweeling in the area over my collar bone on the same place where they inserted needles. What should i do. Should i apply cream or hot pads or it will go away
Posted Thu, 31 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
Swelling will subside in a few days' time

Detailed Answer:
Hi Mr. XXXX,

During FNAC procedure, swelling usually occurs due to oozing of fluids/blood in the surrounding tissues. It subsides gradually within 10-15 days' time on its own.

You have not mentioned if it is painful; whether there is purplish/bluish discoloration of the overlying skin.

However, if there is bluish-purplish discoloration, you may apply heparin ointment three times daily. But if there is no discoloration, then no ointment/cream will be required. Just use hot pads 3-4 times daily. If there is pain in the swelling, a short course (4-5 days) of any anti-inflammatory drug will be adequate.

If there is any further clarification, I will be happy to answer.

Have a speedy recovery.

Dr. (Col) R Karanwal