Having gonorrhoea symptoms. Is it curable?

Dear Doctor, Im having gonorrhea symptoms for more than 3 years, I was ignorant of this and didnt take any treatment. Now is it curable or fatal... What kind of treatment should I go for homeo or allopathic... Kindly help me to find treatment in Bangalore
Posted Sun, 8 Sep 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Venkat Sivayogi 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Gonorrhea is curable,consult Venereologist ASAP

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to Healthcare Magic,

Gonorrhea is a bacterial infection and completely curable with allopathy medicines. Already you have wasted lot of your time so I suggest you to consult a venereologist as soon as possible.

Penicillin drugs are highly effective for gonorrhea and its completely curable.

Hope i have cleared your query.
If you need any further clarifications, let me know.

Follow-up: Having gonorrhoea symptoms. Is it curable? 5 minutes later
Thank you doctor... I have had unprotected oral sex few years back and now after seeing symptoms of gonorrhea, im worried about HIV.Is there any such chances.. Can I get a side effect free treatment.. Suggest doctors or hospitals in bangalore
Answered by Dr. Venkat Sivayogi 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Less chances HIV through oral sex

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back,

Penicillin drugs are the safest drugs till date. But some times rare allergies are seen . To avoid those , your doctor will give test dose to see whether you are allergic to penicillins. so no worries go a head to see a venereologist.

Chances so HIV infection through oral sex is less when compared to direct sex , because human saliva contains anti-viral substances which inactivates the virus . But if the opposite partner have any bleeding gums or mouth ulcers ,there are chances.

Better get done HIV serology test to confirm your doubt.

Bangalore is a big city, you can take help of just dial 0000 help. They can give you available doctors in your locality.

hope I have clarified your issue.