Having gastritis. On zantac and omeprazol. Can I take tylenol for my pain?

General Surgeon
Question
I have gastritis because of one month of corticosteroids. I am in so much pain and gave lost 20lbs. I started taking zantac first and am now taking both zantac and omeprazol. I have had many dr visits and do not have h pylori ect. I have chronic duodinitis villitis. I think that is correct. How long until I can see some relief? Can I take tylenol for my pain?
Posted Mon, 4 Nov 2013 in Peptic Ulcer

Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 40 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It can take even 2 weeks.

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

Thank you for the query.

Gastritis or duodenitis is a kind of stomach wound. It needs to take some time for this wound to get healed. And the healing is impeded by constant irritation by stomach acid, food and medicines. That is why such "wound" can heal even 2 weeks.
During that time you may feel symptoms like abdominal pain, chest burning, nausea.
Yes, you can take Tylenol. It does not affect stomach.
You should also have gastroscopy after a month of treatment.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
Regards.

Follow-up: Having gastritis. On zantac and omeprazol. Can I take tylenol for my pain? 2 minutes later
Thank you! I'm needing 1 tylenol per day in the morning to help my anxiety from the pain. Is this amount harmful to my liver?

Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
1 Tylenol is fine.

Detailed Answer:
1 Tylenol is fine and should not affect your liver at all. To destroy the liver it is necessary to take about 20-30 Tylenols at once.

Regards.

Follow-up: Having gastritis. On zantac and omeprazol. Can I take tylenol for my pain? 13 minutes later
Thank you!!!

Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 4 minutes later
Brief Answer:
.

Detailed Answer:
You are welcome.