Having gastric and acidity problem. Took Nexpro 40. Having lot of gas issues and flatulence. Suggest the medication?

Gastroenterologist
Question
I have gastric and acidity problem for past 10 years. I have taken lots of medicine, but no permanent cure. So thes edays if I get acidity, I use to take Nexpro 40 or rabinom DSR just to get rid of it. But for past few days I am not getting acidity . Getting a lot of gas issues and Flatulence . Please suggest me some medicines for it. And as I said, these gastric and acidity hsa become chronic for me, so I need some medicines which i can keep with me and as and when i am getting such problem can have it till I get some releif. I need medications both for acidity and gas and flatulence, even though currently only having gas and flatulence issue.
Posted Mon, 19 Aug 2013 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 24 hours later
I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to assist you.
I would like to know what are all the tests done so far.
Dr.Ratnakar Kini

Follow-up: Having gastric and acidity problem. Took Nexpro 40. Having lot of gas issues and flatulence. Suggest the medication? 20 hours later
I have done endoscopy 2 times in past and the last time I did was around 3 years back.But the last report everything was very much normal. As I said, this has become chronic to me, and I use to take some medicines to get remedy from acidity as and when I get it. But for past few days gas and flatulence has become a headache for me .

Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 23 hours later
Try to avoid milk and milk products.
Take Galto thrice a day for flatulence.
Continue taking Nexpro for acidity.

I hope that answers your question.
If you have no more questions, kindly rate this service.
Dr.Ratnakar Kini

Follow-up: Having gastric and acidity problem. Took Nexpro 40. Having lot of gas issues and flatulence. Suggest the medication? 3 hours later
How long shall I take Galto(I mean number of days) ? And as I said I am very frequently get gas and acidity issues, so Can I keep both Nexpro 40 and Galto with me and as and when I get again these issues, can take it ? If yes, again how long ? And does these medicines have any side effect ?

And doctor last question, I usually get constipation during the time when I suffer from gas and acidity , so do you suggest any other medicine for it or Nexpro and Galto should be enough ?

Thanks in Advance,
Banamali.

Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 5 minutes later
Take these medications for 4 weeks. They do not have serious side effects. Take a course of these medications when these symptoms recur. But always consult your doctor before taking these medications.
Take high fiber diet and plenty of fluids for relief from constipation.

I hope that answers your question.
Dr.Ratnakar Kini

Follow-up: Having gastric and acidity problem. Took Nexpro 40. Having lot of gas issues and flatulence. Suggest the medication? 3 minutes later
Sorry to bother you again, doctor. So do you say the couse for both Nexpro 40 and Galto is 4 weeks (and if I am not wrong then Nexpro 1 tab daily and Galto 3 times daily for 4 weeks ) ?Please confirm

Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 10 minutes later
Yes, you are right.

I hope that answers your question.
Dr.Ratnakar Kini