Having gas trouble. Is it due to leaky gut syndrome?

Dermatologist
Question
I have had gas for ove 2 years. I heard of leaky gut and feel this may be my problem? How can you help me.

Posted Fri, 1 Nov 2013 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
detailed answer

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Leaky hut is a condition in which larger protein molecules cross the intestinal epithelium and lead to a reaction in body.
it it associated with abdominal discomfort as mentioned by you.
it is possible that you might have developed this Condition..
The best treatment for this is intake of lot of probiotics.
let me know if you have any other doubts.
Thank you

Follow-up: Having gas trouble. Is it due to leaky gut syndrome? 49 minutes later
I have gas - strong for the last two years and have gone to GI can't see any problem from blood, stool, breath, upper or lower GI procedure. Took all medication given to me from the doctor and supplement. I thought it was gas, then GERD and finally may be Leaking gut problem. I do not have any pain all of have is the smell and odor. I have tried probiotics is there a special brand I can get that is sure to improve if not cure the odor. I'm don't feel this answer is going to help me. Thank you.

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
Probiotics can be tried

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for the follow up and sorry for the delay in replying,
You can try yokult.
If you dont find that even sporolac tablets ( lactobacillus ) is a good option.
There are conditions like irritable bowel syndrome where an exact cause could not be established.
You dont need to be disheartened, just try probiotics continuously for at least 6 month.
You may get response with this.
Thank you

Follow-up: Having gas trouble. Is it due to leaky gut syndrome? 5 days later
Yes, I will take your recommendation. I have be taking Probiotics and I will continue to do so. Thank you. I don't have pain just gas.

Brief Answer:
welcome

Detailed Answer:
You are most welcome.