Having gas problem with irregular bowel movement. Looking for suggestion

Feb 2013

Tools is not clear properly
Posted Thu, 7 Mar 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 2 days later

Thank you for your query,

I think you are having constipation.

In constipation, passing hard stool will be difficult and some times associated with gas, pain and bleeding while passing stool.

Take plenty of water and oral fluids daily.

Take dietary fiber XXXXXXX foods like vegetables, fruits, and XXXXXXX leafy vegetables on daily basis as the dietary fiber is not digested and makes stool bulky by retaining water in it, thus making stool soft and easy passing stool.

Make a habit of going to toilet every day and sit in the toilet for 10 to 15 minutes daily.
If you skip oneday going to toilet, the stool will become hard due to water absorption from it and make difficulty in defecation.

In spite of the above measures on daily basis, stool is hard you can take oral stool softners like lactulose daily at bed time till stool becomes soft after consulting your Physician.

Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know.