Having gas problem and smells bad. Tired and gained weight. Had tubal done. Suggest?

I'm very gassy and just smells bad. I'm tired. gained weight my normal weight is 98 pounds and now 105 have 4 kids had a tuble in 2009. I look like I'm 3 month's and so tired of being tired... I fell pregnant
Posted Wed, 19 Jun 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 3 hours later

I can understand your concern.

For tiredness and weight gain, I would like to rule out the possibility of hypothyroidism. Symptoms of hypothyroidism are fatigue, depression, weight gain, cold intolerance, dry, coarse hair and skin, constipation, muscle cramps, decreased concentration, vague aches and pain. You need to get a TSH level and your thyroid profile done to rule out this condition.

Second possibility which I would like to rule out is of fatty liver disease causing these symptoms. Common symptoms include difficulty in losing weight, bloating, nausea, loss of appetite, fatigue and fever.

Lastly acid reflux can also cause feeling gassy, bloated and smelling bad.
Take a healthy, balanced and nutritious diet consisting more of fruits, salads, soups and raw vegetables (after proper washing). Also increase the protein content in your diet instead of carbohydrates and fats. Also take your meals 2 hours prior to going to bed and raise the head end of your bed by using pillows.

Avoid taking tea or coffee prior to bedtime and concentrate more on a healthy diet.
Taking antacids lie Diovol and proton pump inhibitors like Pantocid DSR can also help. Take these drugs under medical supervision.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.