Having gas and bloating. Ultrasound done. What does the report suggest and the problem?

For a while I have been having issues with gas and bloating. I also have pain in my left side. I had an ultra sound done on my stomach area two weeks ago. Nothing was found. This morning I had a bm that was strange. During the process of a bm... I started passing wind, and it had this really weird sound and this aweful smell. i finally passed it. I looked in the toilet and their was this large sac filled with fluid. I called my husband in to see it. It was about 5 inches long, and about 1 1/2 inches round. I tried to bust it with a qtip, but the smell was sickning, so I just flushed it.
Posted Thu, 9 Aug 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 1 hour later

Thanks for the query

It sound like you are suffering from infection of the colon called enteritis. You need to be put on anti biotics like ciprofloxacin and tinidazole for 5 days. Please approach you nearest physician for a prescription. Along with that you will also have to take a pro biotic like sprolac for 7 days, this will replace all the bad bacteria with good bacteria in the colon.
Flatulence, abnormal bm and bloating is common with enteritis

1. Avoid tea and coffee
2. Avoid milk products
3. Eat well on time

I hope I have answered your query, please accept my answer if there are no further queries

I wish you a speedy recovery