Having funny bone arm pain. Is their a link with thyriod problems?

i have funny bone arm pain which i ve had for some time now their a link with thyriod problems..? my back has always been a disaster ..i did go and see my gp once about it and he thought that it may be coming from my neck and i was to see how it side of my thyroid is swollen which happened when i had thyrioditis which at the time was caused by a virus ..but repeated thyriod tests show normal function which really surprises me..please let me know what you think
Posted Sun, 5 Aug 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Kiran Kumar 3 hours later

You seem to have two distinct conditions.
One, thyroid swelling with normal thyroid functions. This could be a colloid goitre or nodule. You must get an FNAC of the thyroid swelling to ensure that it is benign.

Second ks the musculoskeletal pains. The back pains would be more related to disc diseases or the muscular spasm or facet joint involvement. Get an MRI of the spine which would clarify. Its needed as you said its been there for sometime and it is a disaster.

The bony arm pain is unlikely to be related to thyroid swelling.
Try some analgesics for few days. If it does not help, then you can consult you doctor.

Hope this answers your concern.

Dear Polly, do get back if you need any further information.

Dr Kiran