Having fungal infection on toe. How to get rid of it?

Excellent

OBGYN
Question
Hi

i have fungal on my toe

how to get ride of it
Posted Sat, 4 Aug 2012 in Infections

Answered by Dr. Juhi 15 minutes later
Dear XXXXXX,

I have seen the picture you sent. Did you suffer any trauma to your toe?

You need to keep your toe dry all the time. Make sure that after bathing you dry the toe properly. Presence of sweat and moisture leads to fungal infection. So instead of wearing closed shoes, try wearing open sandals for a few days.

Apply Clotrimazole ointment or dusting powder twice a day for 2 weeks. Look for improvement in your symptoms.

If you have any further questions, I'll be glad to know.

Till then take care.

Dr. Juhi

Follow-up: Having fungal infection on toe. How to get rid of it? 3 hours later
i work in office so can not wear open sandals is there anyh thing alse i can do and where in the shops can you by Clotrimazole ointment or dusting powder twice

Answered by Dr. Juhi 1 hour later
Dear XXXXXX,

If you have to wear shoes, wear good absorbent socks and change them daily.

Clotrimazole ointment is available at most chemist shops, and it is available over the counter.

Hope I have answered your query. If you need to ask something else, you are most welcome. If you are satisfied, please close the discussion and rate my answer.

Dr. Juhi

Follow-up: Having fungal infection on toe. How to get rid of it? 34 minutes later
I have rang Lloyds Chemist and they said Clotrimazole ointment or dusting powder is ot good for fungal nail. clotrimazole ointment stop doing and cream is not good for fungal nail.

Can you let me know the best treatment to take
EXCILOR FUNGAL NAIL PEN can i use this produce to fix my fungal nail
if you see the picture again

can you tell me why is there a hole or broken pice on the nail and how to fix this first the fix the funges

Answered by Dr. Juhi 2 hours later
Dear XXXXXX,

Topical azoles are the best drugs for fungal skin and nail infections. Excilor fungal nail pen does not contain any azole drug. You need something with azole antifungals - miconazole, clotrimazole etc.
Onabet-B ointment contains Setraconazole along with Beclomethasone. If that is available then it will be suitable for you.

The nail is broken because fungus damages it, makes the nail fragile which breaks easily. Once the fungal infection is treated, the damage to nail will stop. The broken nail will outgrow and new healthy nail will grow in its place.

Nail infections take a long time to heal. So this ointment needs to be used for 6-8 weeks. But I suggest that you first use it for 2 weeks and look for improvement.

If there is anything else you want to ask, you are most welcome.
Get well soon.
Dr. Juhi

Follow-up: Having fungal infection on toe. How to get rid of it? 2 hours later

Where can i get this from i need to get from shop and what is the name for it as when i put it in goggle it does not reconise the name
Onabet-B is it ointment or cream.

If ointment then no there is non and if cream then how will cream work

need full name of the produce to use
and what shop to go and buy it in uk

Answered by Dr. Juhi 9 hours later
Dear XXXXXX,

I'll list a few oinments available in UK.
1) Lotrimin AF Athlete's Foot Cream or Lotrimin AF Jock Itch Cream
2) Canesten cream
3) Monistat 1 (tioconazole),
4) Baza and XXXXXXX antifungals (miconazole).

Out of these Lotrimin is available most commonly. You'll be able to find this drug at any local pharmacy. Canesten cream can be bought online.

I'm positive you will be able to find one of these.

Dr. Juhi