Ask a Urologist   »  

Having friction burns on foreskin. How to distinguish between friction burns on the penis or herpes?

How can I distinguish between friction burns on the penis or herpes? I have what looks like friction burns on my foreskin but want to rule out herpes. I had no bumps or other lesions before noticing the friction burns.
Posted Mon, 23 Jul 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 36 minutes later

Welcome to XXXXXXX

Genital Herpes is generally associated with fever and recurrent bouts of small blisters/vesicles which break down to form painful ulcers.

Though it can be a result of friction, but other sexually transmitted disease can also cause ulcer on penis.

As it requires examination and investigation, you should consult a Skin & V.D. specialist at your earliest for confirmation of diagnosis and treatment.

If you have further query, please feel free to ask.

With good wishes,