Having frequent urination, sore and sensitive breast. Is there any chances of pregnancy?

I think i might be pregnant but all my home tests say boobs are sore and sensitive to touch..i pee alot, and im tire easy..i have 2 kids also showing a little belly..but my period doesn't start until the 21st..i dont use any birth control either..what are my chances of being pregnant? i also am very emotional and moody at random times
Posted Mon, 11 Mar 2013 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 22 minutes later

If you are not due for your next period until the 21st of Feb., then you cannot get any pregnancy test positive now.

If you have regular 28-30 day cycles, your ovulation time would have fallen around 7th-9th of Feb.

Even if you had conceived, the only way you would be able to suspect at the earliest is through the presence of a persistent rise in the symptoms may be due either to an early pregnancy or could be premenstrual. You can get serum beta-hCG measurements at serial intervals (alternate days) to confirm pregnancy starting from one week before the period is due,i.e., from 14th Feb. onward.

You may get a trans-vaginal ultrasound one week after your period if you miss it.

Hope I have clarified your queries. If you need any further clarifications, please feel free to ask. I will be happy to help.

Follow-up: Having frequent urination, sore and sensitive breast. Is there any chances of pregnancy? 24 hours later
so i can take another test on the 14th or the 16th
what other signs could i be seeing to detect an early pregnancy i have had a headache for 3 days straight
Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 5 hours later

Thanks for writing back.

You may not get a positive urine test even with the most sensitive kit as early as 14th or the 16th of Feb. You can go for the blood test-serum beta-hCG estimation which will be more confirmatory if two or more serial values can be taken on alternate days and they show a significant rise in titre.

Some of the signs of early pregnancy would be spotting,i.e., the implantation bleeding that may be seen around 10 days after conception, nausea, breast tenderness, fatigue, headaches, backaches, food cravings or food aversions (these occur a little later), increased frequency of bladder, darkening of areolas and sometimes, constipation.

I think I have made it clear. If you have any further queries, please feel free and ask. I will be ready to help.