Having frequent urination, pain below ribcage and sleeplessness night. Diagnosed with gallstone. Any advice?

Hi i was diagnosed with one calcified gallstone of 5.5 mm with multiple polyps 15 days back. I was having pain for quite a few months. I have also frothy white sputum from my mouth. Also i do have urinary frequency and some times enuresis (no passage of urine). My stomach also is bulged most of the time. I had also a kidney stone in the left lower pole of the left kidney (5.4 mm). both at the same time. Now i am in constant pain, pins and needle sensation below my right ribcage. Please anybody help me. I have a lot of leg edema also. All tests turned out normal and the doc says everything is fine. I am unable to sleep also. Almost all nights i am awake. Please anybody help me.
Posted Tue, 28 Aug 2012 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Sourav Ganguly 2 hours later

You have a lot of problems which cannot be explained by a single disease process.

1. Gall stone of 5.5 mm and presence of gall bladder polyp might need surgery to remove gall bladder with biopsy. Presence of gall bladder polyp is concerning and cholecystectomy (gall bladder removal) would be a good option.

2. Gall stones can produce flatulence, dyspepsia leading to bulging of stomach. So consult with a surgeon for further managements of your gall stones.

3. Renal stones with frequency of urination suggest UTI). As you also complain of bilateral pedal edema your renal functions also need to be assessed. You need to do blood for urea, creatinine, and urine routine examination and if needed you may have to do a DTPA scan to assess renal functions.

As you mentioned you already have some tests done, I would like go through them. Do upload the reports using the feature available on this web page.

Waiting for your reports.

Best Wishes,
Dr Sourav Ganguly