Having frequent urination. Urine test normal. Having pain and fever. Prescribed citralka. Suggest

my son 4.5 years old no allergies. he is going for pee very frequently for past 7 days. sometime 2-3times in 10 mins and does very little. that problem was never there there anything to worry about. what do u more thinghe recently went for swimming for couple of days.
I have asked this question last week and another doctor asked me to get the urine test done. I have got his complete urine test and urine culture test done. Both are normal.
I am uploading those reports here.
Please have a look and suggest.
He is not complaining any pain, no fever etc.
I have consulted another doctor here in my city and he suggested to give 'citralka' so I am giving 4 ml twice a day.
Please suggest asap as he is in real discomfort.
Posted Sat, 29 Jun 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Imraan Hussain 32 minutes later

Yes, I have suggested you for these reports and I am glad to see the reports to be normal.
I assure you that this is not a serious problem.

Ask your child to void whenever he has the urge, never stop his urine as children usually do while playing.

There is no infectious element found.

Give him plenty of clean drinking water along with the medication, which you are being prescribed for your child.

It will alkalinize the urine and will prevent irritation.

I would also suggest taking cranemax XXXXXXX which is cranberry juice very effective in urinary problems.

Do you have any family history of Diabetes mellitus or allergies?

Allow your child to swim in clean water well chlorinated.

Wishing your child speedy recovery.
Follow-up: Having frequent urination. Urine test normal. Having pain and fever. Prescribed citralka. Suggest 1 hour later
Thanks Doctor. I will do as you said.

Only thing is I am worried because he is not even able to sleep well as he get that urge and goes to the loo very frequently. His schools are starting in next 2 days and I am not sure how will he handle it.

The other doctor, I showed him in my city, Said we can go for ultrasound if he does not feel good in next two days and it could be something related so kidney stone. Is it possible as he is not complaining the pain at all. it is only the discomfort which is troubling us.
Answered by Dr. Imraan Hussain 1 hour later
Thanks for your follow up

I can feel your concerns. Yes, small stones that get collected in the bladder can cause irritation and increased urination. Such amorphous crystal settle down with plenty of water and deworming. You can go ahead with abdominal ultrasound scan of kidneys, ureter and bladder to confirm the possibility.

I think a urologist in town can examine him thorough and plan the scan accordingly.

Hope I answered your question , if you do not have any other clarification you can close the discussion and rate my response.

Wishing him a speedy recovery.