Ask a Urologist   »  

Having frequent urination. Urine test normal. Getting feeling of urine stuck in urethra. What's wrong?

hi am 26 male.. am suffering from frequent urination from the past few days.. i just did urine test but its normal.. no sign of infection.. well my symptoms is soon after urination.. i fell some thing or urine still stuck in my tip of urethral tube..and its very irritating and uncomfortable.. so i have to empty it again and again.. and goes on.... so wat could be.... i XXXXXXX think any infections is there... or any other bladder issues.. kindly suggest me.. and to be XXXXXXX i use to frequently masturbate.. so any effect cos of it? thanks
Posted Thu, 28 Feb 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 56 minutes later

In view of symptoms and absence of signs of infection , possibility which I can think is inflammation of urethral mucosa causing edema and mild narrowing of lumen leading to some urinary stasis within penile urethra(part of urethra proximal to tip).May be frequent masturbation has caused this.

Sometimes a stuck urinary stone can cause frequent urination.

Other possibility is of urethral stricture.But this cause seems less likely as generally this is caused by previous history of infections, trauma, interventions or catheterizations etc.

In my view you should give it some time to see if symptoms resolve on their own.Drink lots of water and withheld masturbation. If signs of infection develop later than consider a course of antibiotics.

And if symptoms continue after that then visiting a urologist would be ideal step.

Hope this answers your question.Please ask if there are doubts.Regards.

Follow-up: Having frequent urination. Urine test normal. Getting feeling of urine stuck in urethra. What's wrong? 30 hours later
thank your sir for your reply.. well can you kindly suggest me some home remedies or any other means where i can reduce the inflammation or stricture so...... ??
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 56 minutes later
Remedies like drinking lots of water and fruit juice can help.For strictures home remedies are unlikely to help , so if symptoms persist do consider to see doctor.