Ask a Urologist   »  

Having frequent urination. Urine test done. What does the value indicate and treatment required?

Question
Hi I am attaching my reports . Just want you to please go through the same & comment . Also want to know that I urinate frequently so is it normal ?
Posted Thu, 28 Feb 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 1 hour later
Hi XXXXXXX

I have seen all your reports. It is great that all the investigation are normal. Please do not worry at all.
Your blood group is B Negative. Your urine did show few epithelial cells and pus cells which is normal.
You have mentioned frequency of micturition. It is important to know how frequent it is and is it there at night? Is there any associated symptoms like burning or urgency?

We see it commonly in Kidney stones, Pregnancy, Diabetes, and excessive fluid consumption.

The normal bladder capacity is 300-400 ml which is the amount of urine passed each time. It normally occurs 4-5 times during the day & none or once during the night.

Hope this information helps you. If you have any query please do ask me, will be happy to help.

Dr. Akhilesh Dubey M.D.

Follow-up: Having frequent urination. Urine test done. What does the value indicate and treatment required? 57 minutes later
Thanks for the prompt reply ! No there isin't any burning sensation or urgency but I as nd when i drink water , i feel to go to the loo. I go atleast 8-9 times in a day .Should I undergo ny test .
Also how come my creatine level is 0.87 ...it high !
fasting Sugar -95 Is it alarming ?

Answered by Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 15 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX
Thanks for your input,
If you drink water in excess it is normal to urinate a few times more, but it is more psychological than any abnormality. In my opinion you don't need any tests.
Your sugar and creatinine are within normal limits.
tI hope his information will clear your doubts. If you do not have any more questions, please rate the answer and close this discussion.
Dr. Akhilesh Dubey M.D.

Follow-up: Having frequent urination. Urine test done. What does the value indicate and treatment required? 13 minutes later
how to reduce this level - from 87 to may be 45 or 50 ? Ny do's nd dont's

Answered by Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 21 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX
You don't need to reduce this level of creatinine 0.87 mg/ dl , as it is normal, just keep yourself well hydrated and kidney function will be fine.
You can avoid taking unnecessary analgesics as most of them are toxic to kidney.
Just follow healthy life style.
Take care of yourself.
Dr. A. Dubey M.D.