Having frequent urination. Should I be worried?

Jul 2016

Dr I have been having frequent urination for the lat 3-4 days, is this something to worry about, its like every 2 hours
Posted Tue, 19 Mar 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later

Based on the facts that you have posted you have increased frequency of urination since 3-4 days. I shall be happy if you can post me few more details so as to make comments on your query:
1) Do you get fever?
2) Do you have diabetes?
3) Do you have pain in abdomen associated with this symptom?
4) Do you have any other symptom like urgency, hesitancy, burning or poor stream?
5) Have you done any investigations like Routine Urine Test or Ultrasound Scanning ?

I also suggest you to get your routine urine test and Ultrasound scanning done - the results of these tests are available within 2-3 hours. Please post me the results so that I can comment on your query.

Awaiting your reply...

Follow-up: Having frequent urination. Should I be worried? 38 minutes later

Answer to your questions is

1. No I dont have fever
2. Last time I checked for blood sugar was 6 months back, it doesnt show that I have any
3. No I dont have any pain
4. No I dont have any urgency, but like in 2 hours I need to urinate
5. Last urine test done was a year back. Result was normal

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 12 minutes later
Thanks for feedback.

Considering your age being 53 years your symptom could be due to

1) Cystitis
2) Over Active Bladder Syndrome
3) Bladder Neck Obstruction

So get you ultrasound scanning done to confirm the diagnosis.

Get your routine test done now as result of the test done 1 year back is insignificant.

Both USG and Routine Urine test are mandatory for evaluation of any urinary symptoms and before taking any treatment.

Thanks and Regards.