Ask a Urologist   »  

Having frequent urination. Pain in lower back and testicle. What's going on?

I have had frequent urination that comes and goes for a few days at a time. I then seem to get better only to relapse a week or month later. At times my lower back an or testicles hurt too. Today I feel fine but I noticed a few small dark spots in my underwire after going to the gym.
Posted Sat, 23 Mar 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 8 minutes later
Hi, welcome and thanks for writing in.
I would like to know few things before further elaboration.
1. Do you have diabetes?
2. Is there burning micturation associated with other symptoms.
3. Testicle pain is associated with urinary complaints or not?
4. Dark spot is bloody spot or just a different colour?

Looking forward for your response.

Follow-up: Having frequent urination. Pain in lower back and testicle. What's going on? 2 hours later
I am over weight and was recently told that I should lose weight because may be at risk of diabetes. There is no burning sensation. Testicle pain does not seem to be related to urination. The dark spot looks brown so it may be blood.
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 6 hours later
Hi, welcome back.
Thanks for details. It doesn't looks like backache is due to overweight . Because spine is pillar of body so it suffers maximum due to overweight.
Testicular pain may be non specific to characterize or may be due to small hydrocele or varicocele. For that you need to consult board certified surgeon for clinical examination. If needed get ultrasonography of scrotum done.
Just one dark spot is nothing to worry. If you have recurrent episodes or blood in urine then need to evaluate for renal calculi. Otherwise no need to worry about that.

Hope I have answered your query, if you have any further concern, please let me know.